Sunday, 14 May 2017

Stress eating troubles 🍔 😥

Weight this week: 88.3kg

Lost since last week: 0.7kg


Weight loss in total: 31.7kg

I am forever a bed for my cat, Domino

This week has been a bit stressful so a loss at all was quite surprising to me. I started a new job recently as a personal assistant and it has been very busy and tiring!  Plus, I had family visit, and my partner and I went out on a date night so I ate out at restaurants twice resulting it 2 high calorie meals I normally wouldn't eat. These are definitely things I don't want to repeat every week!

I'm not going to beat myself up about it though, I have accepted that I eat/drink to release some stress. The thing I try to think about is how often I do this. You never want it to be a continuous occurrence.
If I am a little bit stressed, I will try to do activities to take my mind off of it before I resort to comfort eating. This can be watching a movie, playing a video game, cleaning up the house, working on a hobby (for me, it's my Etsy store Memoriesfromashore *cough* shameless self promotion), whatever keeps your mind busy so you don't resort to eating/drinking alcohol.

Now this is not saying I never allow myself to stress eat/drink. Sometimes days are just overwhelming and, at the moment, I don't have any techniques that work for me to calm myself down during extreme moments of fear/sadness/tiredness/a combination of them all. If eating calms me down when I am way up there in terms of panic/anxiety then I don't feel bad or guilty about it. I let it happen and move on. Everybody has there moments and tomorrow is a new day where those feelings will have passed and I will be able to keep to my diet.

In saying that, I do recognise that comfort eating will never solve my problems and I do believe wholeheartedly, if you are struggling and comfort eating becomes the norm, see a therapist. I am in the process of making an appointment to do this myself. Talking through the stress will ALWAYS triumph over eating away the problems. And who knows, you may come to the root of the issue and take away it's power to incapacitate you like it does in the present. Here's hoping.

Now I'm going to stop talking about the negatives and look at the positives of the week.
I lost weight! For someone in a wheelchair who is unable to lose those extra calories just by walking around, this is a huge achievement.
I also got through the week without crying, which is a massive achievement for me! Sure, I comfort ate and drank this week to help me get over my stress, but in past weeks I would be sobbing as I ate my junk food or drank beer feeling sorry for myself the entire time. But nope!


I ate my junk food and drank my beer whilst laughing along to the new Dave Chappelle stand up on Netflix. Sometimes recognising that I'm extremely stressed/sad/scared and taking action to stop it before it gets worse (in this case, food, beer, and a good show) is better than letting it consume me. If laughing instead of crying to get over stress isn't a win in itself then I don't know what is.

So my thoughts for this week: Enjoy the little achievements!

Thanks for reading! 😀✌♿

3 comments:

  1. ITS EASY TO LOSE WEIGHT....TRY TO DO IT WITH ORGANIC DIET AND YOUR FOOD. lET FOOD BE YOUR MEDICINE AND FOOD BE YOUR MEDICINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree to disagree about weight loss being easy. It is in theory but a lot of mental and physical obstacles are in the way as well. Thank you for your comment though.

    ReplyDelete